This week I’ve been working on my first font based on historical sources.
It’s a textura style blackletter typeface which I’ve traced from mid 19th century sheet music covers and altered for a more modular and cleaner design.
It’s been really time-consuming both tracing and reworking the majuscules, and to be honest it’s even more difficult than working on my own personal ideas to some extent.
Now that I’ve started looking at creating fonts again, I thought I’d share some of the sound design projects I’ve been playing around with during the past few weeks.
The past few days I’ve been thinking about what to do to reach 500 000 downloads sometime during the early new year. As I’ve mentioned I’ve been working on creating musical drafts and releasing them on Soundcloud and Opengameart.
Today I started browsing through my old “fonts in progress” directory to find a few I haven’t released yet. Here’s a sneak peek at what might just find its way to DaFont during the next few weeks.
The past few weeks have been spent trying to fill up my Soundcloud and Opengameart profile with some simple unambitious pieces of music, I’m considering applying for getty music and premiumbeats again. Here are some of the more recent drafts I’ve made.
Another font is up on both DaFont and Creative Fabrica (it’s been up on DaFont for some time now).
It’s another basic sans-serif font, this time with all upper case letters of different height.
Tonight I thought I’d try playing around in a different DAW, so I made this.
Yesterday I finished another exercise as part of the music composition course.
This time it’s an overworld theme made using a NES chip emulator.
Last week, I noticed I haven’t really made that many game music tracks to use for the games I’ve been learning to make on Udemy, so I registered an account on OpenGameArt.org and started contributing.
The idea is to not be too precious about the quality and just try and stay productive for as long as possible. In time I might delete the worse tracks and leave the good ones.
My profile can be found here:
I’ve been following a course on Udemy on game development with Unity.
Block Breaker is an Arkanoid/Breakout clone.
I changed the script to move the paddle with the arrow keys.
You start the game by clicking on the screen or pressing the spacebar key.