The past few weeks have been spent trying to fill up my Soundcloud and Opengameart profile with some simple unambitious pieces of music, I’m considering applying for getty music and premiumbeats again. Here are some of the more recent drafts I’ve made.
Another font is up on both DaFont and Creative Fabrica (it’s been up on DaFont for some time now).
It’s another basic sans-serif font, this time with all upper case letters of different height.
Tonight I thought I’d try playing around in a different DAW, so I made this.
Yesterday I finished another exercise as part of the music composition course.
This time it’s an overworld theme made using a NES chip emulator.
Last week, I noticed I haven’t really made that many game music tracks to use for the games I’ve been learning to make on Udemy, so I registered an account on OpenGameArt.org and started contributing.
The idea is to not be too precious about the quality and just try and stay productive for as long as possible. In time I might delete the worse tracks and leave the good ones.
My profile can be found here:
I’ve been following a course on Udemy on game development with Unity.
Block Breaker is an Arkanoid/Breakout clone.
I changed the script to move the paddle with the arrow keys.
You start the game by clicking on the screen or pressing the spacebar key.
Still playing around with 32X32px tiles.
Today I made a simple coin animation.
I used my own “Hothead” font for the numbers on the coin.
Lately I’ve been following some Udemy courses, particularly the one on 2D game Design with Unity.
In the course I started learning about tilemaps and so I started drawing some of my own today.
For prototyping the tilemap I made a sample scene, which I found out was useful as an illustration photo for one of my new fonts: Hothead.
It’s fun when the different skills come together and supplement each other.
This evening I made a little WordPress-Plugin that creates a simple drawing application.
It’s called “Pixel Painter” and even though it doesn’t strictly draw pixels, it can be used to make “Pixel Art” on a 20X20 canvas.