I just realized I’ve spent the whole weekend trying to polish up on the WordPress theme here (the layout of the page) – and I haven’t even started looking that much into code functionality. As of yet, I’ve been able to make this theme:
- Widget friendly
- Plugin friendly
- Able to change website name and description using the Settings panel in the WordPress dashboard.
- Make admins able to edit individual pages with an “Edit” button below each post and page.
- Featured permalinks both in title and seperate “Permalink” button for each individual post.
Yet still I have to admit I’ve spent most of the time fixing up CSS – recent changes involving.
- New background (not just the clock, but cogwheels and whatnot further down the page for a bit of variation)
- Styled Links to make things look cleaner and without all the underlines and everything.
- Changed brightness of background as well as “window” density with a 85% transparent background for content instead of just 70 like it used to.
- Changed caption formatting.
- Removed published-dates for pages, so that it only shows for individual posts.
PS: I’ve also made an alternate version of the theme with inverted light colours, available HERE!.